The Village Musical Acadien
The Village Musical Acadien is operated by the Association Touristique Évangéline. It features an outdoor venue which includes a small performance hall with an interactive learning area and a hall of fame, an outdoor stage, an art gallery and a lovely outdoor terrace. In addition, the center also features a reception area with a gift shop, a performance stage, a concert hall, a restaurant, a bakery, a kitchen and washrooms.
Hours of operation:
The tourist season at the Village musical acadien runs from mid-June to mid-September, but the establishment is open year round for special events and group bookings.
La Trappe Resto-Bar (Restaurant) and La Galette Blanche bakery are open from 11am to 7pm.
Village Musical Acadien : 11am to 5pm
The Centre Expo-Festival (Expo-Festival Centre) was created in 1998. At that time, it was a community facility which served as a dining room and an auditorium. Since its opening, the Centre Expo-Festival organized several activities of all kinds for the community. In 2000, a center related to multiple uses and a campground for RVs were added to the property. Subsequently, in 2001, an external mobile stage was built. Since 2010, the Expo-Festival Centre operates a restaurant and a bakery during the summer months.
In 2014, the Centre Expo-Festival was transformed into the Village musical acadien. This large construction project added an outdoor venue which includes a small performance hall with an interactive learning area and a hall of fame, an outdoor stage, an art gallery and a lovely outdoor terrace. In addition, the center itself was completely redesigned to harbour a beautiful reception area with a gift shop, a new performance stage, an addition to the concert hall, a new restaurant, a new bakery, a renovated kitchen and new washrooms.
The Centre Expo-Festival / Village musical acadien has organized and is still organizing several cultural activities:
- The “M. le Homard” Show with Talididanse (2001-2002)
- Acoustic music jams (since 2002)
- “La boucane dans la cabane” comedy show (2003-2004)
- “V’nez Veiller” dinner theater (since 2005)
- “Le Fricot” cabaret evening (2006-2009)
- Step dancing workshop (since 2010)
- Christmas Shows (since 2008)
- Comedy Festival (2010-2011)
- Country Music Festival (since 2010)
- Kitchen Party (since 2014)
In addition, this complex has hosted and is still hosting several events in the community:
- Community Flea Market (since 2001)
- Farmers Market (2002-2006)
- Acadian Games Finals (2000)
- Evangeline Bluegrass Festival (since 2001)
- Atlantic Fiddlers Jamboree (since 2005)
- Outdoor Market (2005-2006)
- Good Sam Samboree Club (since 2004)
- Fall Bluegrass Festival (2005-2008)
- Agricultural Exhibition and Acadian Festival (annual)
- Clammin N Jammin (since 2010)
- 4-H Rural Fair (biannual event)
The Village musical acadien has become the main cultural and tourist destination in the Evangeline region through the dedication of many volunteers and community workers.
- Dick Arsenault (Co-chair)
- Marcel Bernard (Co-chair)
- Jean-Guy Arsenault (Vice-President)
- Claudette Arsenault (Treasurer)
- Jeannette Blaquière (Secretary)
- Nancy Smith
- Pierrette Arsenault
- * Vacancy *